University of medicine Timisoara
University of medicine Timisoara or university of medicine and pharmacy of Timisoara is one of main Romanian medical University teaching in English, French and Romanian. Timisoara medical university has 3 faculties: Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Pharmacy.
Faculties of University of Medicine Timisoara
University of medicine Timisoara has 3 Faculties with different specialisations, including short programmes (3 to 4 years of studies) and long programmes (5 to 6 years of studies). While long programme are available in English, French and Romanian, all short programmes are available only in Romania language. There is one year preparatory course for international students wishing to study in Romanian. All Faculties organise post -university specialisation programmes (Master, Doctorate or Residency) in Romanian language.
Faculty of Medicine in Timisoara
The Faculty of Medicine of University of medicine Timisoara offers 6 specialisations: The Faculty of Medicine of University of medicine Timisoara offers 6 specialisations:
- Bachelor in Medicine – 6 years, full-time attendance (English, French, Romanian);
- Bachelor in Nursing (Registered nurses) – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Nursing for Imaging and Radiology – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Clinical Laboratory Nursing – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Nursing for Balneo-physiotherapy and Recuperation – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Nursing for Nutrition and Dietetics - 3 years, full-time attendance;
Faculty of Dentistry Timisoara
The Faculty of Medicine of University of medicine Timisoara offer 3 undergraduate specialisations:
- Dental Medicine – 6 years, full-time attendance (English, Romanian);
- Dental Technique - 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Registered Nurses in Dentistry – 3 years, full-time attendance.
Dental Medicine is a practical specialty allowing graduates to practice their profession without having to complete other specialisations, as in the case of General Medicine.
Faculty of Pharmacy Timisoara
The Faculty of Medicine of University of medicine Timisoara offer 2 undergraduate specialisations:
- Pharmacy – 5 years, full-time attendance (French, Romanian);
- Assistants - 3 years, full-time attendance.
The 5 year programme of Pharmacy is devised in 2 cycles:
- First two years: Fundamental studies, based on acquiring fundamental notions of chemistry, medicine, pharmaceutical technique and pharmaceutical legislation;
- Special studies: subjects with pharmaceutical profile and some subjects with biomedical profile.
Tuition fee and living expenses in Timisoara University of Medicine and Pharmacy
University of medicine Timisoara is possibly one of most affordable foreign medical universities not only in Romania, but in Europe. Annual tuition fees, extremely low living expenses and long tradition in medical training make Timisoara University of medicine and pharmacy an ideal option for international students. The university is basically solely owned and funded by the state.
University of medicine Timisoara It is one of the most preferred medical universities by international students that are keen in studying Medicine (general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and so on ) in English, French or Romanian and achieving their life ambition and still maintaining low expenses.
The tuition fee vary between 3200 (non-EU/EEA students) and 4200 Euros (for EU/ EEA students)/year.
As most of Medical universities in Romania, The Medical school of Timisoara encourages prospective students dedicated, enthusiastic, and well-suited for the rigorous study of medicine, dentistry or pharmacy. Prospective students must have completed the 12th grade of high schools with majors in the science subjects on which medicine is based (chemistry, biology, etc). Students are also expected to have a mature sense of values and sound goals for pursuing a career in medicine.
The Medical school of Timisoara does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability in the admission process. The most important is to be able physically and mentally to follow medical studies, not to have contagious disease, incompatible with medical practice; to have high school leaving certificate and passport.
Student recruitment is based on application file selection application file selection (evaluation) and application procedure is simple. Required documents to apply to medical university must be prepared carefully because places are limited and the demand is higher. We recommend all those who would like get into university of, medicine of Timisoara, to apply as earlier as possible and our satisfaction will be to assist you.