Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy also known as Carol Davila University or Medical university of Bucharest is one of the best universities of medicine in Romania where medical students can study medicine in English or Romanian in Romania. The quality of education, the modern didactic equipments, reasonable tuition fees and living costs, attract hundreds of undergraduate and postgraduate international medical students every year.
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy is the oldest university of medicine in Romania. Established in 1857 under the name National School of Medicine and Pharmacy by the French expatriate physician, Carol Davila, since December 1989 the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila has become a state university with academic and financial autonomy.
University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila receives medical students from all over the world since years. Some medical students prefer to first follow one year preparatory course of Romanian language in order to study in Romanian language. English speaking students can study medicine at Carol Davila University of medicine and pharmacy in English.
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy Programs
Carol Davila University of Medicine: the medical program at Medical university of Bucharest is 6 years long. The first 3 years are mainly theoretical (preclinical) and the last three years are mainly practical (clinically).
During the 6 years period of medical study, the international medical student are also allowed to work. So in the summers the students will do internships at hospitals and private medical centres on their own choice.
For medical study in English at Medical university of Bucharest, during the first 2 years, all courses are conducted in English, but at the same time, medical students have 4 to 5 hours of Romanian language course weekly, so that at the end of this period, they can speak Romanian language fluently. During the clinically period, the courses are mainly conducted in Romanian language because students have be in contact with patients who in generally speaks only Romanian.
Faculties of University Carol Davila
Medical Faculty of Carol Davila University
The faculty of Medicine in Carlo Davila University of Bucharest is the largest medical faculty in Bucharest. It has English and Romanian programs and attracts hundreds of international students and medical residents and Doctorate students.
- Bachelor in Medicine – 6 years, full-time attendance (English and Romanian);
- Bachelor in Nursing (Registered nurses) – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Nursing for Imaging and Radiology – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Clinical Laboratory Nursing – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Nursing for Balneo-physiotherapy and Recuperation – 3 years, full-time attendance;
- Bachelor in Nursing for Nutrition and Dietetics - 3 years, full-time attendance;
Dentistry Faculty of Carol Davila University
Dental Medicine – 6 years, full-time attendance (in Romanian);
Dental Technique - 3 years, full-time attendance;
Registered Nurses in Dentistry – 3 years, full-time attendance.
Pharmacy Faculty of Carol Davila University
Pharmacy – 5 years, full-time attendance (French, Romanian);
Assistants - 3 years, full-time attendance.
Carol Davila University Admission Requirements
Admission requirements to Carol Davila University of Medicine: to be admitted to Carol Davila University of Bucharest, the prospective students must apply for acceptance letter (Non EU students) or for A Certificate of recognition of the studies completed in their countries (EU, EEA and Suisse Confederation ).
Application file must includes the following documents
The application file for Medical University of Bucharest should includes at least the following documents:
- Certified copy of high school leaving diploma (Baccalaureate Diploma) in the original and a notarized translation into Romanian
- Certified copy of academic record translated (if needed ) into Romanian, English, French or Germany;
- Certified copy of the Birth Certificate;
- A medical certificate specifying that the candidate does not have any contagious diseases or any other diseases incompatible with the medical profession and so prove the applicant's state health;
- Certified copy of Passport (1; 2; 3; and 4th page);
- Application form;
To apply to Medical university of Bucharest, the application file has to include the original notified (authenticated) copies of diplomas, academic records, birth certificate and passport. The notification of the copies must be done first by the Ministry of external affairs of your country and then by the Romanian embassy in the respective country or with Apostille of Hague.
After getting the acceptance letter, students from outside of EEA must pay the tuition for one year before they apply for visa.
Tuition fee at Carol Davila University of Medicine
Tuition fee for medical university Carol Davila is 5000 Euros/year for EU, EEA and Suisse Confederation students, and 3600 Euros/year for non Eu students.
EU, EEA and Suisse Confederation students can pay the tuition fee year for the first after their arrival in Romania. The non EU students must pay the tuition fee for the first year by bank transfer to the account of Medical university of Bucharest, before they apply for visa. The bank account of Medical University is specified on the acceptance letter.
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy: Medical entrance exam
To study medicine at medical university Calor Davila, the student must speak English. All accepted students (with the letter of acceptance or A Certificate of recognition of the studies), must seat for medical English test which is eliminatory. Student who fell this test cannot be accepted and get back the money he has paid (tuition fee). In order have access to medical English test, the student have to pay a non refundable tax of 320 Euros).
Medical entrance exam requirements at Carol Davila University of Medicine:
- High school leaving diploma (Baccalaureate Diploma) in the original and a notarized translation into Romanian;
- Birth certificate in the original and a notarized translation into Romanian/ certified copy;
- Passport and a photocopy;
- Two recent photos;
- A medical certificate specifying that the candidate does not have any contagious diseases or any other diseases incompatible with the medical profession;
- A statement given on the candidate’s own responsibility specifying that his/her high school leaving diploma (Baccalaureate Diploma) enables him/her to apply in the issuing country for Bachelor’s degree studies.
- A Certificate of recognition (students from EU, EEA and switzerland) of the studies or acceptance letter (non EU students);
Note that after the enrolment, the papers of the candidates who have been admitted to the university will be checked by The Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sport. If these papers are found to be incomplete or forged, the enrolment will be cancelled, no refunds for the admission examination and the tuition fees for one month is retained from the total fees.
Medical Specialisation (Residency) in Carol Davila University
Carol Davila University of Medicine organise several Medical Specialisation (Residency). Medical specialisations last between 3 and 5 years.
Medical specialisation in Carol Davila University:
Allergy, Balneoclimatology and Medical Rehabilitation, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Dermato-veneorology, Endocrinology and Diabetes and Medical Expertise and Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, Neurology, Pediatric Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatry, Oncology, Pneumology, Rheumatology, Intensive Care, General Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Plastic Surgery, and Orthopaedic Surgery Pediatric, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopaedics and Grammatology, Urology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Epidemiology, Food Hygiene, Laboratory of Clinical Forensic Medicine, Sports Medicine, Microbiology, Radiology, Public Health, BMF Surgery, Orthodontics and Periodontics, Pharmacology, Nuclear Medicine and Geriatrics.
Carol Davila university of Medicine and Pharmacy of Bucharest has also several Master programs and post university study courses with duration of 1 to 2 years.