Romanian Student visa
Requirements for Romanian Student visa
Once you get your letter of acceptance from the Ministry of education, youth and sport, you have to apply for Romanian student visa to your closest ROMANIAN DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS ABROAD (embassy or consulate).
Students arriving from the EU countries, the European Economic Area, as well as from Canada, Croatia, Japan, Moldova, South Korea, Switzerland, USA and Serbia do not need visa to unter in Romania.
All other international students are required to apply for a Romanian student visa prior to arrival.
Student visas may take from two days to 2 months to process and one can only apply for a student visa once the Ministry of Education in Romania has issued the letter of acceptance to study. It's best to apply early for the letter of acceptance.
Students having entered the territory of Romania with a long-stay visa may apply for the extension of the right of temporary residence and obtain a residence permit. The request filed in this respect must be addressed to the Romanian Office for Immigration within the Romanian Ministry of Administration and Interior.
Requirements for Romanian Student long stay visa
1. Letter of acceptance from Romanian Ministry of education;
2. Proof of tuition fees payment for one year (payment must be done after getting the acceptance letter, transferring the fee to the bank account of University);
3. Proof of sufficient means of support for entire period specified in the visa (approximately 2500 Euros);
4. Criminal record certificate or another document of the same legal value;
5 Medical insurance for the entire period of the visa validity;
6. Approval of the parents or the foster parents in connection with the stay on the Romanian territory for study purposes, if the foreign citizen is a minor.
Visa applications can only be submitted to the diplomatic missions and consular posts of Romania abroad (Romanian ROMANIAN DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS ABROAD).
The requirements to get through the passport control at the arrival in Romania
1. The passport with a valid visa
2. The copy of the official admission letter
3. At list 2500 USA dollars (approximately 1800 Euro) with you hand or other way of showing that you have sufficient fund for subsistence.
Requirements for Romanian students temporary residence permis
Once you arrive in Romania, and you have made the final inscription at university, you have to apply for the residence permis. It is valid for 1 year and must be renewed every year. However, for students on scholarship from their respective countries or from the Romanian Government, the residence permit is usually issued for the total duration of their studies.
To apply for resident permis, the following documents are rrequired:
1. Standard application (from the immigration office)
2. Proof of tuition fee payment issued by your University in Romania (so called ‘adeverinta’)
3. Copy of letter of acceptance for studies issued by the Ministry of Education
4. Medical certificate issued by a public or private medical institution in Romania, proofing that the foreign student does not suffer from diseases that endanger the public health
5. The proof of Medical Insurance for those who are above 26 years old
6. House Contract (house contract is made between you and your landlord at a public notary)
7. Passport bio data page and the page showing the date of entry at the Romanian border.
8. Bank statement that prove your means of living for at list 1year(minimum of 2500 USD or its equivalent)
9. 2 recent passport photographs
10. A file with rail
11. Receipt (attached to your file) of taxes paid at Romanian CEC Bank:
a. Tax for residence permit = 240 lei(RON)
b. Registration of the application = 3 lei(RON)
c. Tax to extend the right to stay = 120 EURO (equivalent in RON)
Visa applications can only be submitted to the diplomatic missions and consular posts of Romania abroad.